Difference between revisions of "Rules"
(Created page with "= Server Rules & Policies = '''Status: Effective (Last Update: 7/31/2013)''' ==General Terms== By accessing any Aporkalypse Minecraft Server, you agree to be bound by the t...")
m (Protected "Rules": Legally binding document ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 15:55, 31 July 2013
Server Rules & Policies
Status: Effective (Last Update: 7/31/2013)
By accessing any Aporkalypse Minecraft Server, you agree to be bound by the terms and rules contained in this post. You also recognize the authority of server mods and administrators to rescind your permission to participate temporarily or permanently, for any reason or no reason at all. Such actions may be taken without notice or recourse.
The spirit of this community is such that we encourage and expect all users to act as mature, considerate adults. To that end, our basic guidelines have been elaborated by Herr Doktor ('Dok') as follows:
- Be excellent to each other.
- If you can't be excellent, be civil.
- If you can't be civil, be offline.
In addition to the foregoing mandates, the following more explicit -- and Minecraft specific -- standards should be adhered to at all times both on the servers, in the minecraft threads in the forums, and on IRC:
- If you didn't put it in a chest, it's not yours to take out.
- If it looks like someone else built it, it's not yours to modify.
- If it looks like someone else has arrived before you, find somewhere else to build or mine.
- Talk to people in the forums or in the game if you have questions or issues.
- Resolve disputes like reasonable, dispassionate adults.
- Give the benefit of the doubt, even when you don't think someone deserves it.
- Don't cheat, hack, dupe, or steal materials.
- Don't be a jerk. In addition to the numerous other ways to be a jerk, the following are expressly forbidden:
- Sexism and sexist jokes, "jokes", or comments
- Racism and racially prejudiced jokes, "jokes", or comments
- Homophobia and jokes or comments prejudiced against any particular sexual preference or orientation. This item includes casual "that's gay".
Privacy and Property
You also agree that any and all actions taken on the server may be logged and stored for any period of time. You further agree that participation confers no property rights whatsoever in any creation or action taken on the server. Should your creations or actions on the server gain copyright or trademark protection, you grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to use and display such creations, even in the event that your permission to participate in the server is limited or rescinded.
This policy may change at any time. Future changes may take effect immediately and without notice.
If and only if you agree to all of the foregoing, you may attempt to access the server(s). If at any time, you decide that you no longer agree to these terms, you must cease using the server(s).